Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nqhuu13

Error code #561

Hi Team,

I added Canada Training tax credit of 250. The system is automictically calculated. Based on the explanation, your system is not added a correct number. Can you please help me fix this error?

This error when I netfileThis error when I netfile

After I entered T2202, This box was showed and I entered 250

I entered 250 after I entered T2202I entered 250 after I entered T2202

After I entered it, the system is automatically calculated

The system is automatically calculatedThe system is automatically calculated

I am looking forward to hearing from you 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Error code #561

Apparently, I discovered that if the Canada Training Credit Limit is not mentioned on your previous notice of assessment, you will get this error #561 and it will be rejected by CRA. Therefore, I tried again after checking my 2019 NOA and without claiming the $250 training credit and it went through successfully this time.

So, check your 2019 NOA if the training credit is there. If it's not there you will not be able to claim it and it will be rejected with error message 561.

Regards,

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Error code #561

I have this same error #561 message

jhewitt1

Error code #561

I have the same error. I have completed the equation shown in the error message.  Line 32000 minus line 45350 is not negative on my return. Therefore I should not be getting the error.

Your province or territory of residence on December 31 is other than Yukon – Line 59140 must equal lines (32000 minus 45350 for Canada training credits plus 32001. When line 32000 minus line 45350 is negative, then line 59140 must equal line 32001

Error code #561

Apparently, I discovered that if the Canada Training Credit Limit is not mentioned on your previous notice of assessment, you will get this error #561 and it will be rejected by CRA. Therefore, I tried again after checking my 2019 NOA and without claiming the $250 training credit and it went through successfully this time.

So, check your 2019 NOA if the training credit is there. If it's not there you will not be able to claim it and it will be rejected with error message 561.

Regards,

Error code #561

Did not solve the problem. I still get error code 561

Error code #561

@bebopper1012000

If sagie4life's solution didn't help you, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

CarlyT

Error code #561

Hi, I'm having the same error message, really at my wits end. I don't have cell coverage where I live and therefore can't call, I tried calling over wifi and it's way too choppy. Is there a customer service email address we can correspond through? I've tried looking through the actual copy that is being sent to the CRA and cant figure out what is wrong or what I need to change.

thanks, 

Carly

Error code #561

@CarlyT   If sagie4life's solution above didn't help you, you can message us on social media if you can't reach us by phone. 

We are on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/TurboTaxCanada

We are on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/messages/19496097-385034351

Error code #561

I tried until I almost got kicked out, so what I did, was efile without any amount for tuition fees, then immediately went back and re-filed with the correct amounts, and it was fine... go figure.