Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fill in T2200 on Turbotax

When I follow these instructions I do not have an option to say that I have a T2200 from my employer. The screens to be completed pertain to the T777 form.  

@BBall1 The T777 for is the form you must fill out if you have employment expenses. If you are using TurboTax CD/Download in Forms mode, you would just fill out the forms - there is no interview to ask you questions. Even if you are in EasyStep Mode, TurboTax CD/Download will not ask you about the T2200, it assumes that you know that you need one.

In TurboTax Online, it will ask you if you have a T2200 - Yes or No. If you answer Yes, then it will continue through the interview questions that correspond to the T777 form. 

I have the downloaded version of TurboTax, when I punch in work from home in the search bar nothing populates. When I go to forms and pull up a T2200 it's blue, I can't fill it out except for my address. I'm hesitant to fill out a form that my employer hasn't filled out for me (T777). 
I've always been able to fill this form out, why is it a problem this year?

Go to "FInd" and type in "Employment expenses. Check off the box and continue- on the next page "Employment Expense Profile" Check off Office in Home Expenses and continue. Now you will be able to enter your work-from-home expenses.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Clem347

Hi, 

I did that and I am still having issues. 

I checked off "office in home expenses" and indicated no to "Are you eligible to claim the GST/HST rebate?" but when I got to the next page, it is asking me for all my expenses but in a weird manner (see below).

Why is it asking for GST taxable and HST taxable ? Where am I supposed to put the full amount paid (including taxes)?

Expenses which you incurred for the entire home

GST Taxable
HST Taxable
Zero Rated & Exempt
Electricity, heat, and water

You would enter the full amount of your expense (sales tax included) into the column that corresponds with the sales tax you paid for that expense. Ex: If you bought Supplies and you were charged HST on those supplies, then you would put the full total (price + HST) in the HST column.

It is asking about  GST & HST taxable and zero rated/exempt because if you were eligible for the GST/HST rebate, these columns would help determine your rebate.

I have the CD version of Turbotax. I also have two T2200 forms. What should I fill out for employer identification? Do I provide my current employer's details or the previous employer?

There's no way for me to attach these two T2200 forms into the program, right?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, only 1 T2200 can be entered but TurboTax CD/Download lets you enter 2 T777 forms.

You can also file your TurboTax return with one employer, then use Change my Return (CMR) in My Account or a T1-ADJ T1 Adjustment Request to add the second employer.

For more information from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) please see their link: Home office expenses for employees

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

If I had no breaks between my two employment (ended one job on Friday and started the new on the following Monday) and I didn't change my office set up, can I still use the one T2200 form?

Is the T777 form something I fill out or my employer provides? Or does the T777 form supplement the T2200 form?

Thanks!

@ichin 

Your employer provides you with the T2200, and you would have the T777 as part of your tax return. If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, you don't fill in the T2200 page, only the T777 forms.