Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line 41700 Calculating Incorrectly

I noticed that Line 41700 on my Canadian federal return is calculating incorrectly. It is supposed to simply be line 131 minus line 134, but the software is giving a different result leading to higher taxes owing for me.

Please help. Is there any way to override the autocalculation or to fix this error?

Thank you!

3 Replies

I am having the same problem.  line 131 was around 20K, line 134 is 0.  When it subtracts 20K with 0 it gets 22K.  My guess is that it is adding something, or 22K was the actual amount of the Federal tax owing and that it is making a mistake with line 40600 (AKA 131).  Is there anyone working for TurboTax we can talk to about this clear calculation or display bug in the software.  I hate the idea of giving the gov an extra 2K of my money if I do not need to.

Not a great solution, but I ended up just restarting my return from scratch and the problem didn't repeat. 

If all else fails, give that a shot!

Thanks Jason.  Likely the order that data is downloaded from the CRA effects the bug.   This information will also make it easy for Intuit to debug and fix the bug (assuming that they are at all inclined to worry about the quality of their product).