Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thebrowns2020
Returning Member

Net file problem 2020

After completing my wife and my returns for 2020, reviewed and fixed all issues, the program will let me netfile her return, but not mine. It will only allow me to print and mail my return. First time in many years of using Turbo. I’ve wiped everything out and reloaded the program and the information twice, and still cannot get the program to let me select netfile with CRA  on my return. It’s a very simple return as I’m retired. 

18 Replies

Net file problem 2020

Exact same problem here.  Her tax return zipped through.  Mine is repeatedly rejected  with the following message:

Income:

Enter the self-employment income that doesn't qualify as earned income for RRSP purposes. The following income, if applicable, will not be included in your RRSP deduction limit:

Net self-employment income that represents the taxable portion of gains on the disposition of eligible capital property from a business you carried alone or as an active partner

This is the first time this has ever happened and there are no changes in our status from previous years.  Anyone figured out the answer. short of filing by mail?

Captain605
Returning Member

Net file problem 2020

I'm having exactly the same problem, except it won't let me netfile either of our returns.  Have your got this resolved for yourself yet?

Would this article help? NETFILE error code 95507 (intuit.ca)

Net file problem 2020

I was able to Netfile my wife's return.  I had to print a copy and mail my return to CRA.  I never received a response from Intuit/TurboTax.  I'll keep that in mind when choosing tax return software for 2021.

Captain605
Returning Member

Net file problem 2020

Ya, that's a bit disappointing.  I've been buying intuit's tax software for over 20 years.

Betsy-lu

Net file problem 2020

I’m using the 2015 version of turbotax. I. Annoy use Netflix service because there is something to current and I’m not sure what the answer is. It says self-employment income that doesn’t qualify as earned income for RRSP. This income will not be included in your RRSP deduction limit for:Income reported due to the gains on the deposition of eligible capital. Whatvamiutny is it referring to??

Net file problem 2020

@Betsy-lu Your RRSP deduction limit is based on your earned income. If you have income that isn’t considered earned income, then it won’t be included in the RRSP deduction limit calculation. You can see the calculation on this Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) webpage, though it’s for 2021: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/t4040/rrsps-other-r...

Also please note that the CRA is no longer accepting returns from before 2017 via NETFILE. You will have to print and mail your 2015 return.

DDM5956

Net file problem 2020

Where or how do you answer question required and continue. 

CRA NETFILE Required Information

Please answer the following questions that are required by the CRA to determine your eligibility to NETFILE and/or to provide additional information that the CRA requires for processing your return.

NETFILE Additional Information:
Dawn, if you want to use CRA's NETFILE service, you are required to answer the following CRA questions and provide the information in the applicable fields. Leave the fields blank if they do not apply to your tax situation.

Income:

Enter the self-employment income that doesn't qualify as earned income for RRSP purposes. The following income, if applicable, will not be included in your RRSP deduction limit:
EdzzG

Net file problem 2020

I’m having the same issue, when filing my father’s return. Did you figure out how to fix this issue?

Hi @TurboTaxSusan, I need help with the issue above. Do you know how to fix in order to use Netfile. I’m currently using the 2023 turbotax home and business version. 

Net file problem 2020

In submitting our returns for 2021, my wife's return, prepared concurrently with mine, was accepted by NetFile with no problem. I spent hours trying to find the glitch in mine and finally submitted a paper return by mail.

For 2022, I had a problem with both returns being rejected because of an issue with the Access Code. I finally went back to my last year's return file to check that I had copied the Access Code correctly from the previous year's return. I was embarrassed to find I had been looking at the 2020 returns. Ince I had the right Access Codes, the returns were accepted.

BTW: My 2022 return was virtually the same as my 2021 return, yet the 2021 return was not accepted by the CRA for NetFile. and I had to sublit a paper return. I still haven't figured out why.

D