Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net file problem 2020

Thanks for your reply, I guess I have to print it out as well. 

MRJC

Net file problem 2020

I am having this same problem.

I have reviewed the form you posted and nothing in it applies.

This is also a simple return year after with the same income and deductions except this year a primary residence was sold with a small capital gain. I'm wondering if this is the change that triggers this CRA question,

I will print the return the return and send it in.

Look forward to the solution.

Net file problem 2020

I redo the filing from scratch, then the problem resolved. I was able to submit it to Netfile. I think it could be access code issue.

Net file problem 2020

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Net file problem 2020

I have the same problem for a 2022 return. Unable to Netfile as it says "Income: Enter the self-employment income that doesn't qualify as earned income for RRSP purposes....." When I enter 'nothing' as it doesn't apply, still get the same problem as unable to Netfile. Try putting in $1 and still same problem. Made sure I was using the correct Netfile Access Code (as someone else suggested may be a problem), but made no difference. Called Turbotax and spent over an hour on the phone. Discovered that the program had self-populated the rental income form T776 even though the 'rental income' question was left unchecked. Tried to clear that form, but was unable to (after repeated tries). Final solution from Turbotax was to start a new file over again (and hope it works). This is such a bs answer as it is obviously a glitch in their program, but it is left up to the customer to try and fix. I'll spend a couple hours tomorrow to re-enter all the information, with the HOPES that that will correct the problem. The only other option is to print and mail the return to CRA (sure - and wait months for a refund as they are currently on strike).

P.S. The person you talk with at Turbotax is just a go-between, as they had to continually consult with their back-end technical team. Why have the go-between? Probably much simpler & quicker to just talk with someone on the technical team.

Net file problem 2020

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and have shared this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

PrinceRAY

Net file problem 2020

Certainly! When it comes to RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) contributions, understanding what qualifies as earned income is crucial. Here are the key points:

Earned Income:
Earned income includes:
Net income from self-employment: This refers to the profit you earn from a business you own or operate as a self-employed individual.
Net rental income from real property: If you receive rental income from properties you own, it qualifies as earned income.
Payments from supplementary unemployment benefit plans (not Employment Insurance): These payments count as earned income.
Taxable alimony or maintenance payments received: If you receive alimony or maintenance payments that are taxable, they contribute to your earned income.
Income Sources That Do Not Qualify as Earned Income:
The following income sources do not qualify as earned income for RRSP purposes:
Investment income: This includes earnings and gains from investments such as interest, dividends, and capital gains.
Pensions: Income from pensions, including those from Deferred Profit Sharing Plans (DPSP), Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIF), Old Age Security (OAS), and Canada Pension Plan/Quebec Pension Plan (CPP/QPP), does not count as earned income.
Retiring allowances: Payments received upon retirement are not considered earned income.
Death benefits: These benefits are also excluded from earned income.
Taxable capital gains: Any gains from selling capital assets are not part of earned income.
Limited-partnership income: Income from limited partnerships does not qualify.
Remember that understanding these distinctions helps you make informed decisions about your RRSP contributions. If you have any specific questions related to your situation, consider consulting a financial advisor or tax professional for personalized advice

PrinceRAY

Net file problem 2020

Certainly! When it comes to RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan) contributions, understanding what qualifies as earned income is crucial. Here are the key points:

1. Earned Income:

• Earned income includes:
      • Net income from self-employment: This refers to the profit you earn from a business you own or operate as a self-employed individual.
      • Net rental income from real property: If you receive rental income from properties you own, it qualifies as earned income.
      • Payments from supplementary unemployment benefit plans (not Employment Insurance): These payments count as earned income.
      • Taxable alimony or maintenance payments received: If you receive alimony or maintenance payments that are taxable, they contribute to your earned income.
  2. Income Sources That Do Not Qualify as Earned Income:

• The following income sources do not qualify as earned income for RRSP purposes:
      • Investment income: This includes earnings and gains from investments such as interest, dividends, and capital gains.
      • Pensions: Income from pensions, including those from Deferred Profit Sharing Plans (DPSP), Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIF), Old Age Security (OAS), and Canada Pension Plan/Quebec Pension Plan (CPP/QPP), does not count as earned income.
      • Retiring allowances: Payments received upon retirement are not considered earned income.
      • Death benefits: These benefits are also excluded from earned income.
      • Taxable capital gains: Any gains from selling capital assets are not part of earned income.
      • Limited-partnership income: Income from limited partnerships does not qualify.

Remember that understanding these distinctions helps you make informed decisions about your RRSP contributions.

Net file problem 2020

Thank you for your feedback.