Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not honouring discount code & useless customer service

The same issue has happened to me as well. Both the Scotiabank link AND Aeroplan link are not working - though I tried using both well before the expiry date. Ended up having to pay full price. This is quite frustrating.

VectorVictor
Returning Member

I have the same problem. I clicked the RBC link in my online banking offers. It takes me to the TurboTax page and shows the correct 20% discount. But when I go to pay, it is giving me a 15% discount. I cleared cookies and even tried incognito but it doesn't work.

Unfortunately, yes, we have seen that for some banks which was supposed to be only 15% but it shows up as 20% on the page- we have sent you a private message.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

No one has reached out to me yet. I had to pay full price even though I followed the 20% Scotiabank link. Please advise.

VectorVictor
Returning Member

Good. How will this extra discount be applied? Will I get a refund to my credit card? Do you have my account information?

I can't seem to reply to your private message. I can write the text in a box but there's no send button.

Yes, we can adjust the credit for you once you have paid for your software. It will be entered on the credit card that you use to pay for the TurboTax software- we will have this information.  The 'send' button is located on the bottom right-hand side of the screen. However, if your zoom is set too high, the button may not be visible."

slg613

I have just spent the last hour with CIBC customer service. This link https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/turbotax-discount.html implies that I can get a 20% discount on Turbotax. The link at the bottom "File Today"  leads to a Turbotax/CIBC co-branded page https://turbotax.intuit.ca/partner/cibc/online?cid=fip_en_fy24_part__gen__na_cibccustomers_20off_na_... with discounted prices. However, when I finish the taxes, the discount magically disappears.  on the Turbotax payment page is a space for promo/discount code, so I called CIBC. We can't phone TurboTax. The CIBC CSR was given a work-around to visit https://www.interac.ca/en/consumers/products/interac-verification-solutions/sign-in-service/ and then click on the CIBC logo log into the Interact/CRA site and receive my promo code, but that didn't work either.  I'd like someone from TurboTax to reach out to me with a refund/discount so that I don't go elsewhere next tax year. This makes both CIBC and Turbotax look bad, not exactly a marketing win.

Have you completed payment for your software? Please inform us so we can provide further assistance. 

slg613

Yes already paid. I'd wasted 2 hours on it already. Please contact me.

Yes I've already paid. Please let me know what the next steps are