Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund for improper product purchased

To whom it may concern:

I recently submitted my 2021 income taxes and while doing so I was informed i couldn't use my Deluxe product! I have to purchase the Premier for this income tax i was completing. I went to the store immediately and purchased a Premier product because i actually had 5 more family members taxes to complete. upon inserting the cd i was informed that its not compatible with Mac computers. it was late and i was not going back to the store again! so i ended up paying $34.99 plus tax for each tax i was filing (5 of them!) i took the package back to Walmart for a refund and they refused to give me a refund due to the fact the box was opened!! How do i go about getting my refund for this product? i never had to use premier in the past 10 years! i tried calling but i'm sorry your customer service is pathetic! talking to Robots is not customer service.

2 Replies

If you need a refund, please use the form on this FAQ to request one: How do I get a refund for a TurboTax product?

trykel2
Returning Member

Refund Request Case # [phone number removed] submitted Feb. 21, 2023. I purchased Turbo Tax Basic by mistake.

I then upgraded and purchased Turbo Tax Standard.

Please advise when I can expect my refund for Turbo Tax Basic ($25.75).

Thank You.

Everett Lew