Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The identification number of the person who provided day care services is missing, incomplete...

I have this NetFile Quebec Error that prevents me from filing with NetFile Quebec.

The identification number or the social insurance number (SIN) of the person who provided day care services is missing, incomplete...

I click on the fix button and Turbo Tax takes me to the RL-24 forms.  I have verified that each form has a number  (Box H) that is 6, 8, 9 or 10 digits.  I don't know how else to fix this or what else is the problem.

I am blocked and cannot file my taxes.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The identification number of the person who provided day care services is missing, incomplete...

ok I found the solution just now! For SIN or identification numbers that have 6 or 8 digits only, simply put zeros in the front so that the total number of characters is 10 digits long in the RL-24 Box H. I was then able to file my return. ex: [phone number removed] or [social security number removed]. Hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

The RL-24 has a 6 digit registration number but Turbo Tax doesn't recognize it and is blocking me with this error.

Same error here, I even called my childcare providers and nothing has changed on their end. I've never had this problem in the past. No problem filing the Federal return but it won't let me netfile the Quebec return.

I also have the exact same issue and it prevents me from file my Quebec taxes. 

ok I found the solution just now! For SIN or identification numbers that have 6 or 8 digits only, simply put zeros in the front so that the total number of characters is 10 digits long in the RL-24 Box H. I was then able to file my return. ex: [phone number removed] or [social security number removed]. Hope this helps. 

Thanks your solution works

ir78
Returning Member

I tried the three zeros in fronto of the 6 numbers but it is not working for me. I get an error message asking to not use my own NAS.... 

@ir78 Please try adding another zero so that you have 10 digits ex: 0000xxxxxx

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

nl00

Still happening in 2023... Please fix. Thanks!

@nl00 For SIN or identification numbers that have 6 or 8 digits only, simply put zeros in the front so that the total number of characters is 10 digits long in the RL-24 Box H. 

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.