Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

TurboTax Premier continues to have problem updating. Still getting error code :TT805

I am using TurboTax Premier and it continues to have problem updating. Still getting error code :TT805 very annoying especially since TurboTax Support website has now moved and it is not immediately obvious where to get the update manually. Have used TurboTax, previously QuickTax for more years than I can count and do not recall ever having this much trouble with updates. On the verge of trying other tax prep software packages that are out there. Seems like no one is listening.

8 Replies

TurboTax Premier continues to have problem updating. Still getting error code :TT805

Have you tried reinstalling the program? This FAQ has the download links to get the TurboTax CD/Download installer: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-...

If that doesnā€™t resolve the issue, please contact our phone support team so they can do some trouble shooting with you. You can get the right number to contact our phone support team using the form on this page: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

FYI: The TurboTax Support website hasnā€™t moved. We have made changes to the system that the Live Community runs on, and this has cause some links to break. So if you are getting that ā€œmovedā€ message when clicking on a link in an FAQ or an in product Help article, please let us know, so that we can fix the link.

I have re-installed the program more than once after talking to support but nothing has fixed the update problem. I will reach out to support one more time and then I am done. If nothing changes I will have to look at other software packages for next year. It' too bad to have to go that route but that's what happens when no one is listening.

Before you phone - try to update again. They have reduced the load on the update servers, and overloading may have been causing the error to occur.

I have the same problem with TurboTax 2019 Standard.  I've installed, uninstalled, redownloaded countless times.  I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64Bit.  This is clearly a problem on Intuit's end as it seems to be a programming issue in my opinion.  I've purchased tax software from Intuit for many years when it was called QuickTax.  This is the first time I've had this much trouble trying to update TurboTax.  Looks like this will be the last time I buy it if a proper fix can't be released.ā˜¹ļø

Edit:  Just to prove a point,  I just uninstalled AGAIN and redownloaded and reinstalled AGAIN and it STILL doesn't fix the TT805 error. šŸ™„

I could not agree more, definitely a programming problem. The last time I called they tried to convince me that the problem is with the CRA since they have not finalized the forms for 2019. That's a pile of you know what. I would understand if the problem was occurring when I tried to file but we are talking about a software update from Intuit so stop trying to put the blame somewhere else and admit that there is a problem and spit out a date when it will be fixed. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Well I was going to call support because I too am getting Error Code TT805 after uninstalling/installing/uninstalling, restarting multiple times.  It's unfortunate that this error is continuing, but I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.   Now instead of filing, I'm left to monitor the complaints to see if there's anything I can do.

After fixing all the roll-forward problems (5 separate bugs) and beginning to enter the 2019 information, the file is now corrupted and gives a TT805 error. Based on other comments, it seems that any time one uses F7 to enter a list of items to summarize into one line, the file will become corrupted. This also explains why I had to empty out S3SUPP schedules that had some F7 entries. After a total of 8 hours of fixing the roll-forward issues and starting the new return, I have to start all over again. I will echo others' comments. This is the first time I have ever had such problems, and I have been using the product since it was called WinTax. The product is not tested and I am on the verge of switching to competitor. [By the way, why isn't TurboTax Standard an option in the product box when entering product information?]

I have not used F7 and still have ERROR  CODE TT805. I agree worst version of the software ever. Time to look at some of the competing software packages.