Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenifer2

Unable to refile with NETFILE because of no changes

The files for two tax returns submitted to CRA are different than what TurboTax has recorded as what was submitted. Now I cannot refile through NETFILE and I have mailed the returns but they were never received by CRA. Is it possible for TurboTax to allow me to refile these returns? They are different than what was submitted, but the same as what TurboTax has on file because they have the wrong record.

1 Reply

Unable to refile with NETFILE because of no changes

First off, NETFILE and ReFile are separate services run by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). If you ReFile a return, it doesn’t go through NETFILE, it goes through its own system. 

Second, if you didn’t make any changes to your return in TurboTax, then when you try to ReFile, it will not go through because ReFile only works if the version of return you are sending is different from what you sent when you used NETFILE.

Third, it’s not uncommon for the CRA to make changes to a return themselves. For example, if you forgot to enter a T-Slip, they will add it in themselves. This may be the reason why your return is different at the CRA than what you have with TurboTax. You can contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and confirm with them if they have made any changes. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are elsewhere, you can call 613-940-8495. This page has more ways to contact the CRA: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/telephone-numbers.html