Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
judds11
Returning Member

Unable to Remove Claim for Ontario senior homeowners’ property tax grant AND Climate Action Initiative

I am trying to submit my 2021 tax return, but getting error that I am ineligible for Climate Action Initiative and Ontario senior homeowners’ property tax grant; however, I am unable to locate where I can edit this information. I went to EasyStep, but all the forms have the lock symbol beside them, and am unable to edit the information. PLEASE HELP.

8 Replies

Unable to Remove Claim for Ontario senior homeowners’ property tax grant AND Climate Action Initiative

You will need to open up the Provincial form which is where you have claimed the Climate Action Initiative and Ontario senior homeowners’ property tax grant. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax. 

judds11
Returning Member

The checkbox is off.  I cannot submit as it keeps saying it selected.  

Open your return and go to the Provincial section. Click continue- then you will need to continue until you get to the page where it ask if you are claiming these credits- you can use the drop down arrow to choose your unclaim instead of claim.

I have no boxes checked off in the provincial profile of 2022 and it won't let me netfile because it says  "you have chosen to apply for the Ontario senior homeowners property tax grant but do not meet the age requirement of being at least 64 on December 31, 2022. Please remove your claim

How can I fix this?

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

I have the same problem in 2023 Turbotax.  I have gone to the provincial section several times and unchecked the box for the homeowner' property tax grant, but every time I try to file this warning recurs.

@gregarmstrong Keep the box checked. Click continue until you get to the page where it ask if you are claiming the Ontario senior homeowners’ property tax grant - you can use the drop down to choose "no claim". Then you can go back and uncheck the box.

Thanks!