Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Your CPP/QPP or EI overpayment is greater then $750.00

I am getting the above error but when I click on details it displays the amount in Box 14 of my T4 which is Employment Income not Employment Insurance Overpayment. This does not make sense to me and suspect an error in your TurboTax software. I hope the support people are reading these discussion items. Any replies that would resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

5 Replies

I would also like to add that I think your web pages were designed and written by students who have little to no experience in the real world. The list of issues is not sorted (by most recent first) making it hard to find the issue I have entered and checking for replies to it. When I click on an issue I see the first two header lines and then the rest of the window is blank which I then have to scroll to see the issue. These 'nuances' basically encourage people to NOT use your web pages.

wite
Level 2

I also posted on this a few days ago and they have not replied.  

I am experiencing the same issue, and also replied to your post.

Hopefully they check these threads?  

Definitely seems like a bug in the software.

JDNorth

I had this error too. 

I called customer service and showed them the error as well as the amount (less than 750) on my T1 on line 4480. After 30 minutes of waiting for them to ask their tech support, they replied that I could ignore the error. 

Would be nice if Turbo Tax staff could have updated this thread and saved me the time waiting on the phone. 

If this is under "Warning", please double check to make sure it is under $750 and if it is, you can ignore and continue. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.