Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ksovie11

Who claims income

I am the spouse with higher income but my t5007 goes to $0 and says my husband should claim it. But he already filed and claimed $0 for me to claim it.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Who claims income

The amounts indicated on the T5007 form are not taxable but are required to be included on your return. 

If your T5007 lists Workers' Compensation benefits (WCB), you'll see an entry on line 144 and an offsetting deduction in line 250 of your detailed tax summary (Review tab - Bottom line tax summary - Detailed tax summary).

If your T5007 lists social assistance payments, you'll see an entry on line 145 and an offsetting deduction on line 250.

Here are our TurboTax articles explaining the T5007 and what they are for:

T5007 Tax Form: Statement of Benefits in Canada 

Workers’ Compensation Benefits and Your Taxes

Reporting Social Assistance Payments: How They Affect Your Income.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Who claims income

The amounts indicated on the T5007 form are not taxable but are required to be included on your return. 

If your T5007 lists Workers' Compensation benefits (WCB), you'll see an entry on line 144 and an offsetting deduction in line 250 of your detailed tax summary (Review tab - Bottom line tax summary - Detailed tax summary).

If your T5007 lists social assistance payments, you'll see an entry on line 145 and an offsetting deduction on line 250.

Here are our TurboTax articles explaining the T5007 and what they are for:

T5007 Tax Form: Statement of Benefits in Canada 

Workers’ Compensation Benefits and Your Taxes

Reporting Social Assistance Payments: How They Affect Your Income.

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.