Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How far back -how many years- can you claim for GST/HST credit not received due to not filling tax return ? How would you then proceed to file for that claim? MuchThanks

I filed late in 2023. I received my Jan. April and July  payments but did not get the October 2023 payment and have not received my January 2024 payment. Please help me get my payments

How far back -how many years- can you claim for GST/HST credit not received due to not filling tax return ? How would you then proceed to file for that claim? MuchThanks

@Motorboat_10  If you do not receive your GST/HST payment on the scheduled day, wait 10 working days before calling the CRA at 1-800-387-1193.

How long did it take to get your GST? (Out of curiosity for how long I may have to wait) 

Ginette Bourque
Returning Member

I didn't get my Gst check on July 5 , 2024 I want to  no what is going on 

Dipanshu7
Returning Member

As per CRA:

If you do not receive your payment on the scheduled day, wait 10 working days before contacting CRA. You can view your GST/HST payment dates and amounts in My Account.

A change in your situation may cause your GST/HST credit payment to be recalculated based on the effective date of the change. The CRA will send you a GST/HST credit notice of redetermination showing the revised annual credit amount when any of the following situations apply and change the amount of your payment:

• after each reassessment of either your or your spouse or common-law partner's tax return that affects net income
  • after a change in your marital status
  • after a change in the number of eligible children in your care
  • after the death of a GST/HST credit recipient

If this does not apply to you, you can contact CRA at 1-800-387-1193, who will assist you.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Dipanshu7
Returning Member

1. The GST/HST credit payment dates for the 2022 tax year are: July 5, 2023, October 5, 2023, January 5, 2024, and April 5, 2024.
  2. As long as you file your tax return, you’ll automatically be considered for the GST/HST credit.

Refer to this FAQ here for more information.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.