Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renters Tax Credit not populating

The MB Renters Tax Credit is being calculated correctly and populates on line 74, but then does not carry forward to line 76 (line 75 is 0.00) or through the rest of the form, including line 99 which is where the MB tax credits amount is.  I've gone over the return many times and do not think this is an input error.

I'm using TurboTax download version, if that matters.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It does not work well when you have a T5007 entered into Turbo Tax. As soon as there is a T5007 amount entered it does not populate the Renters Tax Credit into line 76 and does not get forwarded into the Manitoba Tax Credit amount. When an amount is entered into Box 10 for Worker's Compensation Benefits and there is no Box 14 on the T5007 it does not calculate the Renters Tax Credit correctly. As soon as I delete the amount  and the information for the T5007 the Renters Tax Credit gets populated correctly, but as soon as I enter the T5007 it does not get populated correctly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I am having the exact same issue with the Turbo Tax download version. Would anyone know why the renter's tax credit is not carrying forward to line 76 when line 75 shows 0.00 or through the rest of the form so the credit is not being applied?

We have tested it and it works well- Line 75 should only have an amount in there IF you received Employment and Income Assistance. If you have a spouse - and you both received it then you will enter the lesser of box 15 in line 75. 

Renters tax credit will go to line 74, 76 and 77.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

It does not work well when you have a T5007 entered into Turbo Tax. As soon as there is a T5007 amount entered it does not populate the Renters Tax Credit into line 76 and does not get forwarded into the Manitoba Tax Credit amount. When an amount is entered into Box 10 for Worker's Compensation Benefits and there is no Box 14 on the T5007 it does not calculate the Renters Tax Credit correctly. As soon as I delete the amount  and the information for the T5007 the Renters Tax Credit gets populated correctly, but as soon as I enter the T5007 it does not get populated correctly.

Thank you!  It is the T5007 that is causing the issue.  

No EIA received.  And, the software does not work as it should if you have amounts on a T5007 to enter.  

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.