Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taxial
Returning Member

Separated from my spouse and would like to export 1 of the two profiles in our Turbotax login?

Hi,  my spouse and I have been separated for over two years now with a divorce soon to be finalized.    It's amicable,  and we still work together to help each other complete our taxes.  Regardless, we both have filed our taxes through Turbotax for more than 5 years now, and although filed separately, both our histories are tied to one login.   We'd prefer to have separate logins now.   

Is it possible to export a person so they can have their own login?   The solution I'm hoping for would allow one of us to take their name and the history / files of that name to be exported to a new account.  That way one persons data can continue on with the existing account,  and the history of the other persons will persist and can move forward with a new account.   

Is this doable?  I'm not seeing anything in the options though maybe I'm not looking in the right place.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

1 Reply

Separated from my spouse and would like to export 1 of the two profiles in our Turbotax login?

Unfortunately, you transfer returns or other information from one TurboTax Online account to another.

You can, however, download and/or print the PDF archive copies of any return that has already been paid for (or is free). That way your ex-spouse will at least have their tax information to look at.

This FAQ tells you how to save/print a copy of your tax return in TurboTax Online: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-return-print-save/help/in-the-online-edition-of-t...