Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staycation Tax Credit error message

When I try to enter the HST number of the hotel I stayed at on the ON479 worksheet I get an error message asking me to enter a numeric value. HST numbers include 'RT' in them If I remove the 'RT' then the entry is validated but it is not a valid HST number. When will this error be corrected so that I can file my return? 

24 Replies

Please enter the number without the RT and leave a space then be certain to keep your receipts should the Canada Revenue Agency request them. We know of this issue and our TurboTax team is working on it.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I don't think you understand the problem with the Staycation Credit. First of all, RT is part of the HST number and I was advised that the CRA will not accept filing with an invalid HST number. Secondly, I have been ready to file my return since February 20th but there is an alert on your netfile page to not file yet. This is the Alert: " Canada Revenue Agency has released new information for the Ontario Staycation tax credit that is not included into this release. If you are claiming this credit, we do not recommend you to Netfile at this time. The Ontario Staycation tax credit changes will be included into our next release." The RCA advises that they have approved all forms and it is up to TURBOTAX to update their software. When will you provide us with the release. There has been no new release since Monday... When is the next one planned? 

A fix for the Staycation credit should be available by the end of this week.

cpospish
Returning Member

It is now March 2/2023 and the error message still exists. What is the date for the new release?

cpospish
Returning Member

Update just came through...all is good now.. thanks.

Shaheer

I am still having issues with this one (despite the update 2 minutes ago).

I am getting the error "Please enter a numeric value rounded to the nearest whole number"

Thanks was able to file today. JP 

cpospish
Returning Member

Just use the first 9 digits of your HST/GST number.

I am still experiencing the same problem and my current program is up to date.