Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alpal230
Returning Member

t2125 form

Doing taxes using Turbotax Online 2023.  Can't find the T2125 Business and Professional Activities form in Find box even though I called and a TT adviser told me I could search for it that way which is why I proceeded with the Online version.  Didn't assume I would need to pay big $$ for it.  Last year a similar situation for 2022 taxes.   I used the CD/download version and found all the forms.  So now I'm thinking I need to start all over???      Kind of confusing.   As for many years I have always used the Standard version and found every form I needed.  Turbo Tax is changing??

7 Replies

t2125 form

Please search for "self" instead of T2125. Or you can select Income > Self Employment > Self-Employment Intro.

TurboTax Online doesn't have the ability to enter data directly into forms. Also with TurboTax Online, you pay based on what you enter on your return, unless you have a multi-return package.  

Alpal230
Returning Member

t2125 form

Thanks Susan, 

Tried Self and it mentions upgrade.  What is the cost?   From what I'm reading I can use the cd/download version again in the Forms Mode and get what I need??  What is better, to purchase it out right or buy it online through Turbo Tax?

t2125 form

TurboTax Online Self-Employed is $60 per return until April 24, 2024. TurboTax Standard CD/Download is currently $40. If you would prefer to use forms, then TurboTax CD/Download is the better option. 

Alpal230
Returning Member

t2125 form

Ok, thank you for confirming  that. One last thing to verify.  Turbo Tax mentions it saves 7 years of tax returns in their programs however I learnt for 2022 cd/download version that it doesn't save in this mode.  Is that correct?

t2125 form

Yes for TurboTax Download you need to save the file yourself on your computer.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Alpal230
Returning Member

t2125 form

Thanks Ginnette,  Can I purchase cd/download 2023 version  on the Turbo Tax website $40 or do I need to buy it from a store and use the licence code?

t2125 form

@Alpal230 Yes, you can buy it from our website here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax/software/download