Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David C-B

T4A(P) errors require TurboTax "FIX"

Turbo tax forces a number into box 21 and 23 of the T4A(P) form but if you are still working, these boxes are empty. You cannot netfile if TurboTax thinks their is an error.

7 Replies

Can you please clarify which boxes you have which have an amount in?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

David C-B

Good Day. The program wants a number in block 21 or 23 of theT4A(P) form. My form has both blocks empty. I cannot submit my taxes without a number - it is flagged as an error. Then it is manual print and submit. This situation should be investigated and the error could be "ignored".    Thanks,

David

Thank you David, can you please clarify which boxes on your T-Slip has an amount in it? 

domerzu

I have added the number in Box 23 which appears on the T4A(P) slip.  I have tried removing the information and reentering it.  I still get the error and cannot file.  What else can I do?

@domerzu 

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

sdeis54

I have $108.00 as a remaining amount for my Home Buyers Plan. No matter how I enter the amounts in each box it comes up with an error. I cannot figure out how to fix it. 

@sdeis54

What is the exact error message that you are getting? Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Have you filled out the needed info for your RRSP contribution and your HBP repayment?