Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBOak

T5008 Error type of investment

I got errors related to T5008 forms; need to select type of investment.  I did this, and it seems to be saved ... all the forms retain the information.  However, software still calls it an error ...

Is this a bug?  Is this likely to cause problems in the return?

3 Replies

I will ask you to close your software and reopen it. Make sure you have all the recent updates, open your return, start at the Review section, and try again. 

If the issue persists then please contact our technical support team to assist as they have the option to view your screen.

If the agent is unable to assist, ask to have it "escalated" to a higher level, and provide you with a case#. 

Pedro1013

I have exactly the same problem with Turbotax T5008 processing. During the Review stage it tells me I have a T5008 ERROR because  I have some  investments, such as Treasury bills, that need to be classified as income.  I don't think I have that type of investment and Turbotax doesn't tell me which of my 50 T5008 are in error.  Your product support staff suggested the problem may be because I had more than 30 T5008, but this makes no sense.  If the problem is too many T5008 then just report THAT fact.  Yes I am fully aware of the workaround by adding the T5008 together and having fewer entries but why tell me I have a investment classification error?  Has Turbotax somehow identified that I do have income by examining another T5008 field?

@Pedro1013  What is the exact error message that you are getting? Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?