Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T5008 no slip paper or on CRA , sold company stock

Through my company I contributed to buy stock.  Sold them at end of year.  USD$.  I have not received a T5008 should I have?  I have a statement of account from company but the information does not reflect information required for T5008.  Or do I fill out Schedule 3.   Or do nothing????

3 Replies
TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

I need more information from you. Are these stocks registered in Canada? Do you have a broker who handles your transactions or do you do them personally?

If you have a financial broker and these are registered stocks, you should get a summary from your broker with T5008s that report these transactions. Or T5s or T3s with the final capital-gains or capital-looses reported on them. 

If you do the transactions personally online, then print out a summary from your portfolio and report them in schedule 3. In any TurboTax product, you can search for the Capital Gain/Loss profile from the Find engine on the top bar > choose the type of transaction that describes your income. You will be able to change the currency.

If you need more help, please contact our support at https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I hope this was helpful.

I work in Canada, for a US based Company who offer employee stock purchases, in US$. 

I have received a statement from the Company who manages the stocks but I cannot find the relevant information on it to report the information.  I know the value received and fees, number of shares.  The cost is what is missing.  The employer contributes to the plan along with the employee.  

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

If you are talking about the Security option, this income should be added to your T4 slip.  

If you are talking about the Deferred sharing plan, then you should receive another DPSP slip from your employer.

This information can be reported under the slips' name. 

If this is a regular buy and sale transaction managed by your employer, you will need to obtain the purchase cost from your employer.  enter the information under the Capital gain profile, and the management charges under the carrying charge profile. 

For further questions for which personal information must be exchanged, you can contact us by phone or private message on our Facebook and Twitter social networks. 

We also offer tax expert services as needed. 

Thanks in advance for your understanding,