Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The latest version Turbo Tax Premier 2023 does not open

I have completed 1 return already with TurboTax Premier.  Today, April 20, 2023 I went to start another return.  It updated my Turbo Tax.  However, then I got a blue screen error on launching Turbo Tax 2023.  After three reboots of Windows.  I reinstalled the software from scratch.  It still does not launch.  All I get is a blank Turbo Tax tick on the task bar.  When I hover over it, it chows me a blank white screen.

Your latest update does not work.  All my other programs are working after the reboot, but not Turbo Tax Premier.

3 Replies

When you reinstalled TurboTax, did you use the CD? If so, please please try reinstalling TurboTax using the download from our website.  You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows).

Please make sure that you don't have any anti-virus or security software that is blocking TurboTax. You can also try running the installer as an Administrator. 

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

The problem was that last time I had opened turbo tax it was on my computer at work when I had a second screen connected and the desktop was extended.  The turbo tax window at work was on the second screen.

This time I was at home and I had no second screen and urbo tax did not appear on my first screen.

When I went into work, the window appeared.

Thank you for the update and happy the issue was resolved.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.