Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonny70

Transfer last year's return from online to CD/download version

I filed using your Deluxe Online Edition and am using the Standard CD version this year. Your website advertises your products as follows, but there is no option to transfer from online to desktop. This is false and you should let customers know before they purchase!

Year-Over-Year Transfer

If you used TurboTax last year, you can import your prior year tax data into TurboTax, saving you time and reducing data entry errors.

8 Replies

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion and will share this information with the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Was this resolved and is there a method of downloading last year online version filed to this year desktop version of TurboTax?

@Paul Vincent There is currently no way to transfer tax data from TurboTax Online into TurboTax CD/Download. If this feature is ever added, it won't be for the 2022 tax season.

LynnGar

Has this been fixed for the 2023 tax year?

Unfortunately, this will remain this way until further notice. As we can't have an online software transfer information to a Desktop software. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Well unfortunately for you, this is the last year I will be purchasing TurboTax, and will not be recommending it to my friends.  You had years to fix this and did not.

This is not a new complaint. It's been years loyal users are reflecting this behavor of Intuit and obviously Intuit has no intention of listening to it's users.

Also my last year using anything from Intuit.

As there is not a single software program in your programing team who know how to export data as a file, for years?