Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with installing Download version of Turbotax Basic 2023

We have sent you an email. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hi, I am having the same type of problem.  I received a download link via email and I tried downloading it with firefox and chrome.  When I open the file it begins extracting, momentarily says it is downloading files and then quits... every time.

Sorry to involve you Christel, I meant to reply to tech support.

Please uninstall what has already been installed. Even if this is Download software, please clear your cache/cookies and restart your computer before using our TurboTax link to download the software again. Choose the version you have already purchased and use the license code that came with it. Make sure to not use Firefox. Google Chrome works best with our software.

I already have one program on my computer for my Grandson and it is finished and filed.  I purchased Home and Business Personal & Self Employed at Sams.  For some reason the disk will not load as thee is something missing.  I had to take my computer to local servicer and he loaded the file I used for my Grandson.  Now when I try to load my program it tells me I must remove a prior download.  I may have more than one download file pen ding and do not know how to remove without removing the file for my grandson.  I have the code 2Z5L-N9LY-N62D-ZJL8 to use for download showing up m ore than once.

You are on the TurboTax Canada site where we deal with Canadian tax issues. Please go to the US site to post your question.

MLWong

Setup.exe on my CD won't run. I also downloaded  the Turbo Tax_2023 file from Turbo Tax website. When I open it or run it as administrator, there is a window showing turbo.exe being unzipped and then nothing happens. Please let me know how I can install this year's software.

also having this issue. would love a solution instead of 31 emails about forum badges. 

@MLWong If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

@mjsellickttx1 Please try reinstalling TurboTax using the download from our website.  You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). Try running the installer as an Administrator. Also make sure that there is not security software blocking the installation. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.