Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tubotax 2021 seems to still have issues with the netfile verify and fix functions. you go to fix and fix what is available then you get back in same loop trying to net file. my specific loop is in the senior homeowners property tax grant. it will not

4 Replies

tubotax 2021 seems to still have issues with the netfile verify and fix functions. you go to fix and fix what is available then you get back in same loop trying to net file. my specific loop is in the senior homeowners property tax grant. it will not

replying to my own post to finish the thought ,  so after hit fix, then goes to property grant  only options are to select "no" from "yes".  so is this the error i am not 64 as of dec 31 2021.  but no where in turbo tax does it ask that or tell you that.   a little beyond he point however,  back tothe loop. chnage to "no" and continue etc. etc.  then skip then same error ,unable to netfile due to error , takes you back to same fix or skip page,  then it repeats for ever .  been doing ot for an hour.  tired stting to yes then back to no ,  continue in all possible ways .   same error.     this ha s to be a bug in turbo tax. 

Answering my own question.   Turbo tax is definately broken, the fix button takes you nowhere near what you have to fix.  it should take you back a few more screens before where it takes you .  but after going through all the forms manually I found what it likely was complaining about. ( i only say that because after doing the following I was able to netfile).   I finally found the right form , the ON-BEN and found where i entered some property tax stuff hoping to clim this.  double click on any of the fields and it takes you to a receipt (similar to RRSP, donations etc. ) this one "property"  blanked out all the fields .  since i am out of the review at this point I click on netfile again .  it takes me to the same place saying i have errors ,  i click fix this time and it takes me to the page that likely was causing all the issues all along ( the place where i chose who would claim this ( a different panel that i was getting before.  this time it is a panel where property taxis a drop down with me or my spouse as options ,  not side by side columns like the way the first fix was taking me.   here i simpl choose "noclaim"   and hit continue,  then net file started just fine .   all done.    definately a bg in turbo tax.    for any one who read all this maybe it can help you get turbo tax to respond properly for a fix button   if you get stuck in a loop for some other entity.     turbo tax has at least one maybe more of these every year.  they should really look at the failure and default to th ebegining of that sub category as the place to make correction.      

Xtal1

I have the same issue and I don’t seem to be able to follow the same process that you have outlined in your fix.  
not says I need to remove the claim but the spot where it takes me does not show it as a claim.  It simply says yes or no in the box and when it takes me there it already says no so I am at a loss.  I looked to see if there is  an update to the software and there is not.  It is very frustrating. 

@Xtal1

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?