Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaptainPanic1
Returning Member

Turbo Tax Error

In the Review phase, I received the error "CPP/QPP contributions or pensionable earnings have been entered incorrectly. Check the amounts entered on your T4; particularly boxes 10, 14, 16, 17, 26, and 28. If the information entered matches your slips, please contact TurboTax support at https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/"

Amounts were directly downloaded from CRA My Account.  I have manually compared them and they agree.

Not sure how to proceed...

7 Replies

Turbo Tax Error

Try deleting the T4 and manually re-entering it.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

CaptainPanic1
Returning Member

Turbo Tax Error

Deleting and then manually entering T4 info did not resolve the problem.  However, I made an interesting discovery. 

On the "Review: Errors" screen, clicked on "Fix" and then "Edit" for the offending T4.  Adjusted my CPP contributions (Box 16) by 1 cent and clicked on "Done with T4 Slips", the error disappeared! 

My CPP contributions were $1,481.58 with the error.  I changed that to $1,481.57 and no more error.  Actually any value other than the original will fix the error.  Out of interest, I entered $9,999,999.00 and Turbo Tax was quite happy.

Incidentally, if you then change Box 16 back to the original value then the error will reappear.

I really don't think CRA will care if the box 16 value is off by a penny.

OK Intuit, that should be enough info for your coders to figure out the problem.  You're welcome. 

Turbo Tax Error

Thank you for your feedback.

SN-GA

Turbo Tax Error

I tried this "fix", but it did not work for me.  Any other suggestions?

Turbo Tax Error

@SN-GA If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

CaptainPanic1
Returning Member

Turbo Tax Error

Other than completely deleting and then manually entering T4 info (which is what Intuit first suggested to me) I have no other advice.

Turbo Tax Error

Thank you for your feedback. It is appreciated.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.