Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christinarmt
Returning Member

TurboTax Application Stopped Working

I have been receiving the following message since yesterday. I have attempted to sign in and work on my application several times and keep getting the same message. Could you kindly let me know if this will be fixed and if so, when, so I know if I need to move to a different program.

"This should not have happened. Don't worry - your data has been saved.

Our TurboTax application has stopped working properly. It rarely happens; we're sorry it happened when you were using it.

Maybe the puppy helps, but you're probably mad and we're already hard at work fixing it.

Please check back again soon. We should resolve this quickly.

You can also contact our support team at https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

Thanks for your patience,

The TurboTax Team"

10 Replies

Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. If the issue continues, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance please call 1-888-829-8608.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hello_KT
Returning Member

Hi, I've been receiving the same error message since 2 days ago. Logging out and in again won't help. I can't proceed with any steps. I was just wondering if/how you've managed to solve this? Thanks a lot!
Christinarmt
Returning Member

It never resolved itself. After a lengthy telephone call with tech support, it was suggested I log out of everything, clear my cache, log back in and start a new application.

I ended up going with a different company instead.

Hello_KT
Returning Member

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! I really appreciate it. It's frustrating having to start over again to input everything :( May I ask what company you chose to file with this year instead?
Christinarmt
Returning Member

I went with another company

Hello_KT
Returning Member

Thank you!

I've been getting the same message. I called turbotax and was told to clear my cache. This did not work. I'm still not able to get back in. Very frustrating for your customers. 

@mvivian2022 Did you try using a different browser? You can also try using the mobile app.

renaldo

I'm having the same problem. I tried clearing the browser cache and also a different browser, but still can't access the file I'm working on.