Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax Auto-fill cannot find any forms at CRA website

Turbotax Auto-fill return (AFR) is not finding any tax forms to download to my and my wife's returns.  When I log in to the CRA My Account  it says there are 259 forms that can be downloaded under my wife's SIN.  I generated a PDF view of them and sure enough there are 91 pages of them in the PDF.  AFR also fails to load the 6 forms that I have. Support suggested I try a different browser other than Microsoft EDGE.  I did so and have tried both Chrome and Firefox.  Same problem, "we can't find any forms".  I have also tried disabling the security settings in Edge and clearing the caches before attempting to run AFR, all to no avail.  The whole point of buying the product was to use AFR so I didn't have to spend days on the data entry.  Has anyone else run into this situation??

5 Replies

Is that 259 forms for year 2022? If yes, if there are more than 30 of the T5008 form? if yes, that is the issue, as you can't download more than 30 of them. If they are from the same investment company you can add the numbers up from each corresponding box and enter it in TurboTax. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Hello and thank you for your response.  Yes, that's 259 forms under one SIN.  However,  Auto-fill (AFR) also fails on a second SIN that has only six (6) forms and no T508's.  CRA website says that AFR is good for up to 500 T508's so the number of T508's should not be an issue. Turbotax successfully processed more than 200 forms for our 2021 returns.  I am wondering if AFR is bothered because there is now a new form "2022 TFSA record (original) from ..." denoting our contributions to a TFSA and I am not sure what it would do with that since it is a not directly related to a T1???    

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

Why on earth would you limit it to 30 T5008 forms?? CRA will handle much more and so will other tax programs. If you expect me to type them all in by hand, it is probably easier for me to switch providers.

@IJustWantToDoMyFingTaxes You don't need to enter them all in individually - you can group together T5008s that are for the same stocks. 

And if you are a day-trader, you'll use the self-employment form instead.