Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax Deluxe 2022 update: Publisher Unknown?

A question about TurboTax Deluxe 2022 Tax Software:

A few weeks ago, I successfully installed and used TurboTax Deluxe 2022 (US) on a fully updated Windows 10 Pro computer. Since installing, about two TurboTax updates were applied successfully. But, on this attempt to apply an available update to update TurboTax, the Windows User Access Control pop-up signals:

=====
Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?

IntuitUpdater.exe

Publisher: Unkown

-assemblyName "Intuit.Spc.Esd.WinClient.Application.Update, Version=4.7.2.268.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKeyToken = 3ff6b78e2989595a"

=======
UNQUOTE

The whole point of signing software with trusted certificates is to verify that a trusted publisher is updating the software. One can't be updating software which processes highly personal and financial information via an untrusted publisher.

Why is the publisher for this TurboTax update unknown? Is this update not properly signed, or is there a problem with the trusted certificate store?

My TurboTax version is [phone number removed]. I would include more information about components, but your program cleverly makes all of the vast amount of information presented in the "About" dialog impossible to copy and paste. I can't imagine why...

I am also wondering why a manual update (download) facility for 2022 is not available on your web site?  Only online updates from the program work.

4 Replies

For a quick answer to your US questions, I suggest our US LIVE Community at the following address: 
You are on the TurboTax Canada site where we deal with Canadian tax issues. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

My update has been on my screen for 25 minutes.  Nothing has happened 

What does the reply mean

@Ethel parkes The original person who started this thread had the US version of TurboTax, so they needed to go to them for assistance.

If you have the Canadian version of TurboTax, try restarting your computer. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.