Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax Home Business 2016

I have TurboTax 2016, supposedly Home and Business Edition but when I installed it, the header came up as TurboTax Standard 2016.  I have borrowed this CD from a relative who no longer needed it and had an unknown number of returns left on it.  He put it in his CD drive to see what he could find out, but it looks like the installation process started.  He ejected it in the middle of the process and then sent the CD to me.  I installed it but it looks like the installation picked up where it left off and I think the installation got corrupted.  Is there any way to uninstall without decreasing the number of returns left on that CD?

1 Reply

TurboTax Home Business 2016

Please try using the installer from our website instead of the CD. You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

Also, please note that you will need an installation code in order to use the software. The version of the software that is installed is based on the code that you enter, so if you have a code for Standard, that is what will install.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team for more help.