Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbotax made me upgrade to self-employed because of my rental incomes

Hi,

Turbotax made me upgrade to self-employed because of my rental incomes.

I want to downgrade to premier, because I have seen that rental incomes should be included in premier. Furthermore, I'm not self-employed.

Is there anyone that can help as it is not possible to chat with anyone except a dumb chatbox in the help if I do not upgrade once more ? I do not wish to start again as I have finished my return.

Thanks

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The phone line did not help at all. They just told me that rental incomes are now part of the self-employed packages, even if it's advertised as being part of the premier package on turbotax's website. A scam in my opinion.

Although they offer me a 20% discount in private, it's the last time I'm using turbotax to fill my taxes.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

This year Rental income is only included in TurboTax Self-employed Online.

If you would like to contact our phone support team, you can call them at 1-888-829-8608.

I don't understand why rental incomes are in self-employed while it's written the opposite on your website. Here is the description of the premier package: "Get the help you need to file your taxes right no matter what kind of investment you have, including stocks, bonds, Airbnb, rental properties, ETFs, dividends, and cryptocurrency."

Can you ensure I'm paying for the premier package please ?

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance please call 1-888-829-8608. When the message asks if you wish to receive an email say No then say "speak to a representative" and hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I have already called 4 times, and everyone is telling me the same: self-employed package is needed for rental incomes. Your website is saying the opposite. What should I do ? I won't call a fifth time.

The phone line did not help at all. They just told me that rental incomes are now part of the self-employed packages, even if it's advertised as being part of the premier package on turbotax's website. A scam in my opinion.

Although they offer me a 20% discount in private, it's the last time I'm using turbotax to fill my taxes.

Thank you for your feedback, we value your opinion. Your discount was applied to your file on April 18th as requested and your information will be forwarded to the proper TurboTax team.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.