Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboTax Online doesn't recognize the information entered

Hello,

Although I entered the amount required (and the date I arrived in Canada), I keep getting the warning that 'You have indicated a date of entry into or departure from Canada. You must also enter your income from Canadian and foreign sources for the part of the year you were not a resident of Canada.' I've entered the value and dates again, but I still get this warning. Is this a bug?

4 Replies

If you have entered your income from Canadian and foreign sources for the part of the year you were not a resident of Canada with the dates then please contact our customer service so that they can view your return to see what that issue might be. 

gesko

Same problem here. How was the problem fixed? Even if I enter the amount and it is stored, I cannot see it in my printed tax return...

dale8r
Returning Member

Getting the same warning here (despite adding the income) - has this been fixed or not? Still a bug - year on year? Please advise. 

Please note that the warnings are there for you to double check and make sure that if this situation applies to you that you make sure everything has been entered correctly. Once it has been- then you can click on "Ignore" and continue your return.