Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TTT1
Returning Member

TurboTax online not 100% accurate. Cannot get refund for the fee.

All of inputs are correct. But the RRSP amount cannot be shown correctly in the review stage. Then I went to fix the claimed mistake. It is still showing the same mistake. After repeated many times, I paid it and then found that the returns only have the summary pages, without any schedule or other details.  So I cannot file it at all.

It is interesting to discover that Turbotax has such a problem -without knowing what is behind that. It is reasonable to request a refund, as the mistake can only be identified after the fee paid. The Self-Employed Online for a couple costs $130 + tax.  

10 Replies

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

TTT1
Returning Member

I contacted the phone number as posted. The automated machine processed my name wrong. Then an agent named Alex processed answered me. I told him that I am seeking refund as the tax return generated by TurboTax have missing parts. He responded right away that I have multiple orders and which one I was asking. I was surprised that I have not told him any personal information yet, which means that TurboTax can identify clients by the phone number right away.  I told him that I seek refund for mine and my wife's. Then he instructed me to give him the access to my computer. I told him that I am concerning my cyber security.  He told me that he cannot access to online file system, even he is working for Turbotax. I told him that that I authorize him with the access to my TurboTax online file. He confirmed again that NONE at TurboTax has the access to my TurboTax file information. He assured me that this is the only way to process my request. If I cannot give him the access to my computer, he cannot do anything right now.  I asked him to confirm his name. I asked him to confirm what he has said. Then he said he is following the 3-step procedure. The first step is to access my computer and see my TurboTax online file. The second step is to send the file to another department for review. He did not mentioned the last step. Then he hung up the phone. 

After that, I reviewed my TurboTax email receipt. It clearly says that refund can be applied to all products while the TurboTax community says only the Turbotax desktop is refundable. Conflicting?!

TTT1
Returning Member

I tried to use the link for "how do I get a refund for Turbotax product" again. It is interesting to note that I can fill out the request but cannot submit it in the last step. It looks like that Turbotax is blocking some clients who are claiming refunds. 

I can assure you that TurboTax is not blocking anyone from receiving a refund. 

We are sorry to hear that your experience with our phone support was less than optimal. 

Can you please clarify why you can't file your tax return?  Under the detailed tax summary, you can see how much RRSP you have entered.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

TTT1
Returning Member

Thank you for your assurance. I am asking about whether TurboTax is blocking customers to request the refund of the fee from TurboTax to use TurboTax. You answered me by saying TurboTax is not blocking anyone to claim refund from CRA.

Thanks!

If you have a refund coming to you from the CRA- That has nothing to do with TurboTax. If you are asking if you can pay for TurboTax software using your refund from the CRA, then that is a no- as we do not have that option. 

I may have misunderstood what you were asking. 

TTT1
Returning Member

Hi Brenda,

My payment receipt from TurboTax has a link for "returning your purchase", which says "You can request a refund for your TurboTax product within 60 days of the original purchase date. Fill out and submit the form below."

Your website also promised 100% accurate. But my tax returns are not even complete , therefore not possible for filing. You are telling me now that there is no option to get the refund of the software. I don't understand why you are making such conflict statements.

I am sorry if you are confused-If you never filed your return and are not satisfied with the TurboTax product then yes, you can request a refund. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

TTT1
Returning Member

Thank you Brenda. 

The online refund request obviously has disabled my order number. Can you please unblock my refund request? Or can you provide an email address so that I can submit my request?