Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nancy105

TurboTax saying Error on T4 when information is correct

I installed TurboTax via CD last week and made sure to grab the online updates. 

I completed and Netfiled 3 of our family's returns with no issue. 

My husband's TurboTax 2023 data has an error and thus preventing Netfile. 

The error says "You made an entry for EI premiums so entries for employment income (T4 Slip, Box 14) or EI insurable earnings (T4 Slip, Box 24) are required. if this information is missing from your slip, you should contact your employer."

However, the T4 slip (entered manually) has amounts entered into Boxes 14, 24, 18, 20, 52, 22, 26 so this error shouldn't be showing up. This is obviously a glitch in TurboTax but how do I resolve it?  

The amounts shouldn't make a difference, but this particular T4 was residual $ so the EI premiums box has a value of $0.01 (Box 14 is $65.90) 

I don't want to go through the hassle of paper filing / mailing this tax return and I don't think I should have to since the issue is on the TurboTax end.  Can someone please respond with help?  Much thanks.

3 Replies

Please clear the information slip first then clear your cache/cookies, sign out of the return then restart your computer. Re-enter the T4 information and see if that helps.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Nancy105

I followed all these steps and I am still getting the same error.  Is there potentially another way to fix this?

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be able to assist you further.