Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboxTax 2020 - Hangs After Install

Same issue. Good to know, thanks for spending the time on the phone and then letting us know 🙂

Same Problem here - uninstalled/reinstalled; thanks to whoever contacted TT; truly appreciated

Same problem also - installed the latest update this morning (Feb 1st) and after the update was installed the application just hangs.  Will have to reinstall for now and not accept any updates I hope until I see a resolution to this posted.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are happy to report that the root cause of the problem has been corrected. Once you uninstall TurboTax and reinstall using this link, the issue will be resolved.
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-... 

Thank you for your patience.

I've just tried this, and it looks like the problem is resolved with this new version.

Do note that you do have to uninstall TurboTax 2020 and then install using the version downloaded from the link.  Once you've done this, it will download the update on startup, and TurboTax will restart.

Thanks for getting this fixed!

Ohmsford

Worked for me as well.  Uninstalled, restart, reinstall, update, and it opens.

Too bad they still haven't added the Work-From-Home updates for "Employment Expenses" yet.  I keep checking in for an update to address this. 

You are very welcome. Thanks for using TurboTax.

davewebb

Thanks for the update.  Now how do I get TT to fix a bug on page 1 of T1 form.  Check boxes don't work although sometimes if I click on yes the X will appear briefly in the no box and vice/versa.  Tried support yesterday - got into queue, requested callback, answered phone and got dead air then was disconnected.  Shortly after that I was surveyed!!  Are there any live people at Intuit? 

You are very welcome. Yes, there are live people, and here is the way to reach them.

In order to help you with this situation, I believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. If the agent cannot resolve your issue please make sure you tell them you want to escalate the issue to a higher level. Thank you for your patience.

Great Job - uninstalled/reinstalled this morning and works great!! Thanks so much to ALL !!!