Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TurboxTax 2020 - Hangs After Install

Same issue, it was working fine at the end of April, and when I launched it today it found and installed an update. After that it doesn't launch. After the splash screen closes I'm left with an app icon on task bar that shows as a blank white window, but the window is not on-screen. I tried the reduced resolution, text sizing 100%, numerous reboots de-installs and re-installs. Next I'll try the 30 minute wait I guess ...

I have been a huge fan of TT, that's quickly diminishing with a problem that seems to be ongoing and not really fixed :(

Try disabling your Firewall and Antivirus. If it cant get to their servers this seems to cause the issue. If you have a VPN disable it as well. As well I have seen that you need the current Adobe PDF installed if not ensure that it is installed and updated. Also try the changing the setting in the config file as indicated in other posts.

aminadatia
Returning Member

I had to rebuild my Desktop. Installed Windows 10Pro. Installed TT2020 allowed Update => White Screen of Death. How can there be problems in 2022 ?

@aminadatia Please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us