Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe4853
Returning Member

Tutbotax Deluxe 2022 installation - WARNING probable spoofing from 3rd party

I bought Turbo-tax 2022 at COSTCO, opened the package, because I do not have a CD-reader I opted by going to installturbotax.com as directed by instructions on the package. When it asked for my license code (24 digits) I typed it and then it sent me to the page https://tu.activatsnow.online/ActivationErrorFound saying that the Activation License Number had; Expired, or it has been used too many times, or it is not in tha database, or the computer has been infected by a virus.

Then I called the phone number [phone number removed] and a person named GURI wanted to inspect my computer, install software because I had a Trojan, etc. then the Phone call dropped and he asked me to call [phone number removed], I told him that I was busy and would call him later.

I checked in the internet and seems like that is a spoofing operation.

WARNING: if that is a spoofing operation it is activated and redirects INTUIT costumers to that site as soon as you want to activate the products at your page INSTALLTURBOTAX.COM.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I AM RIGHT OR WRONG.

The page I was sent is highlighted with red fonts, I took out the hyperlink but if you type it you will know what I am talking about.

1 Reply

Tutbotax Deluxe 2022 installation - WARNING probable spoofing from 3rd party

This is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax. For assistance with U.S. taxes and U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.