Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhunter1234
Returning Member

Unable to enter the Canada Caregiver amount in Schedule 5

I'm using Turbo Tax Standard 2019, desktop edition.

My spouse is physically disabled, has a valid T2201 on file with CRA, and they are dependent on me for the basic necessities of life. Their net income is less than $23, 906.

Schedule 5, line 51100 is where I need to enter the amount $2230, however this is a calculated field. I need to know which form this field is linked to so I can get this amount entered. Without this I'm unable to fill out line 30425.

I called support but they were unable to figure out why. They suggested using Easy Step (which I did, no change) and starting over (!). I'm hoping someone here has more insight.

4 Replies

We can help you with finding and claiming the Canada Caregiver Credit in TurboTax. Here are some directions to help you, in our TurboTax FAQ. How do I claim the Canada Caregiver Credit (CCC)?

Included below, if needed, are screens found in the TurboTax CD/Download version to help guide you using Easy Steps.

On the Dependants credit summary, you now see the Caregiver amount entered.

By entering the Form view at the top of the screen you can now view Schedule 5 and the Caregiver amount included.

rhunter1234
Returning Member

Thanks, however the very first step:

Select the icon of the magnifying glass (or Find) on TurboTax and type Caregiver.

Does not bring up any forms. When I type Caregiver I only see blank results. 

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Here are screenshots of what I see:

-when in TurboTax Online Find           -then choose Caregiver Tax Credit then Go

-when in TurboTax CD/Download - Easy Steps     -then highlight then Go

-when in TurboTax CD/Download - Forms view   -then click OK

rhunter1234
Returning Member

Yes, as stated the I do not get any results when I type in Caregiver in the Find box.