Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to search a specific line number in turbo tax. The CRA told me the line number to enter my claim. How do I do that on Turbo tax

Yes, if you are more comfortable using software that looks more like the original return, you would appreciate the Forms View availability of our TurboTax Desktop/Download software. In the Download software you can also toggle back and forth to the Easy Steps mode which is more like the Online software which interviews/questions to enter the information in the return.

To enter your T4 box 77 - Workers' compensation benefits repaid to the employer, please see the image below to follow the steps for entry.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

sherpjn

Want to search a specific line number in turbo tax. The CRA told me the line number to enter my claim. How do I do that on Turbo tax

I am using a download and looking for line 9918

@sherpjn  Line 9918 is on the NTFILE worksheet. But if you need to change this value, you need to do it from the INFOWS worksheet.

Boo18

so... I have a T4 with an amount in Box 44.  Because of how our life insurance works, I need to make sure the NET amount on Line 212 is correct, and NOT the amount carried over from Box 44.  How do I do that when I can't see the full return?  and If this is manually changed, am I still able to netfile?  currently using Turbotax online, the online self employed

@Boo18 Box 44 is for union dues. You can enter an amount on Line 21200 – Annual union, professional, or like dues using TurboTax Online by clicking on the “Find” icon in the top right and search for “Union”. Select “Union or Professional Dues” from the list and then click the “Go” button.

Boo18

ok, thats helpful.,.,BUT it says do not report any amounts already on the T4 in Box 44.  Situation is that the amount in box 44 is too high, we have to deduct the amount that the union pays towards our life insurance.  So, what is the best way to handle this?  enter a negative number on line 21200, so that the net amount of union dues is reduced to the correct amount?  actually just tried that and it won't let me.  Also, Turbotax breaks the union dues into includes GST/HST and not...

ie union dues on T4 Box 44 are $2000.  BUT we need to adjust them to compensate for the life insurance of $100, so the net amount of union dues would be $1900.  Union says to report the "Net" of $1900 on Line 21200.

Help!

@Boo18 

You can't change the amount on line 21200, because it's coming from your T4. Box 44 of the T4 should only contain tax deductible union dues. If the insurance premium is not tax deductible it should not be in Box 44. You would need to talk to your employer to have your T4 fixed.