Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stella11
Returning Member

WARNING: Turbo Tax lost my return. No apologies. Just said to start again. This is happening to a lot of people. Still waiting for a supervisor to call me.

Kept receiving an image of a puppy with 'technical difficulties'.  Others on this forum had the same issue. You'll need to start again from scratch and they don't care. No explanation or discount on what you pay them to use their service. I've used Turbo Tax for five years with no issues. This is disappointing. 
4 Replies

WARNING: Turbo Tax lost my return. No apologies. Just said to start again. This is happening to a lot of people. Still waiting for a supervisor to call me.

Did you try using a different browser or going into incognito mode? We truly appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Stella11
Returning Member

I cleared my cache, tried a different browser, tried icognito mode, restarted my computer...then I did that all over again on the phone for an hour with TurboTax help.... At the end of the call, they told me to just start all over again. That's it... I said I was concerned that this technicial glitch may happen again and they said that they weren't sure.  Still charging me full price for the self-employed tax package after wasting hours and hours of time entering, problem-solving and now to start again. I know I'm not the only one with this issue as I saw other people in the forum have it happen as well. 

This is an issue being worked on as it is intermittent and it seems the returns are reappearing after a few hours sometimes. Please sign out and see if it will return later before restarting a new return.

Thank you for your patience and for choosing TurboTax.

Stella11
Returning Member

This is why I thought it was important to post to this community board.  I tried to retrieve my tax return for 7 days and kept getting the 'sad puppy' message. I was on the phone with Turbo Tax and she told me I would need to delete my almost complete 2023 and to start again. TThat is what the tech team said to do as there was no other resolution. Apparently they don't know why it is happening, only that it is happening sometimes and to some people? That's all the info there was.

I asked if there was a chance that someone has my personal information and that they were hacked, so said they are not sure why it is happening. 

I was promised that a supervisor would call me within 24 hours. I have not received a call and It's been 5 business days. I am wondering if anyone in the community has other recommendations for tax software? 

I've only used TurboTax for years (with no prior problems), but this issues seems serious and enough to warrant a call back. 

If anyone is using the software this year, there is a chance that you will lose your return before hitting the final submit button. If I am contacted as I was promised, I'll report back. 

Thanks.