Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

i have triple checked my tax forms and my netfile access code from last year only has 7 characters.   still getting the netfile error

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

ooops - my bad- my access code was 8 digits and when i fixed that- all good - Nefile success

I have been using Turbotax for years to file both mine, and my wife's return.  Last year I could not resolve this vague error for my wife, and ended up filing a paper return.  This year I am getting the same issue.  Some guidance as to what the issue actually is would be useful.  I do not like how this keeps failing year after year.

I looked again, and it is only a 7 character number that was provided on my wife's assessment, and that is likely why this is failing.

thank you for the fix to the evasive message on why cra couldn’t accept my file, removing my access code worked. I had reviewed it from start to finish, this return was a carry forward from my last  two years using turbo tax so i knew the information was right, so frustrating since cra says to contact your software provider, glad i checked the community, i have now completed my e-file , you saved me another full day of hair pulling

Celine4

Turbox tax keep given me fix error on myT4A(P)  for 12 months but I put it all what was on the my Statement from the government and still ask me to fix and it wont let me use netfile? 

Spoiler

BPS13

I had the same issue and I went through every line and could not find a problem.  I closed Turbo tax and reopened it and it was accepted.

I seem to be locked out on turbo tax end I have no problem accessing CRA myself

vicjim

Having same problem with Turbo Tax Premier cd version.  Did your problem get resolved?