Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

Despite trying several times, I am prompted with this message when trying to submit my personal tax return through NETFILE. I have verified all information countless times now and yet I am still prompted with:

"One or more entries in your tax return require correction. The data entered is either invalid, or mandatory information is missing. If you are unable to resolve the issues, please contact your Software Developer."

I still have no idea what information is incorrect or missing, as no specific indications are given in this regard. Any advice is much appreciated.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

My problem seems to have been resolved on its own. It definitely seems as though it was on CRA's end, as I attempted to submit the exact same, unaltered tax return the following morning and it was accepted no problem. I would suggest simply waiting a day and trying again as I did. I'm not sure if filing it in the morning had anything to do with it, but I did so on my final attempt to file and it worked. It's possible that the CRA is just receiving too many NETFILE submissions at once and that filing during non-peak times would be best.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Hi, 

I'm a TurboTax customer service representative and I was just on the line with a client experiencing the same issue. We spent almost an hour going over the possible problems. 
We ended up starting over from the beginning and reviewing all the data inserted in the forms. 
The error was simply some information that was not saved (empty field) in the very beginning of the EasyStep Interview. 

If anyone is experiencing this problem, please start from the beginning and review all the data in your profile, 

Name/Address/DOB/SIN ... etc. One digit or one letter discrepancy with the information saved in your file from the CRA or Revenu Québec will cause this kind of error message. 

View solution in original post

27 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this EXACT same issue tonight. Does anyone know how to fix this. I am also using the internet version that self updates.

Thanks

beens

I am having the same problem. It says the calculations are all correct but when I click send NETFILE this happens. Any ideas?

My problem seems to have been resolved on its own. It definitely seems as though it was on CRA's end, as I attempted to submit the exact same, unaltered tax return the following morning and it was accepted no problem. I would suggest simply waiting a day and trying again as I did. I'm not sure if filing it in the morning had anything to do with it, but I did so on my final attempt to file and it worked. It's possible that the CRA is just receiving too many NETFILE submissions at once and that filing during non-peak times would be best.

Cheers!

Hi, 

I'm a TurboTax customer service representative and I was just on the line with a client experiencing the same issue. We spent almost an hour going over the possible problems. 
We ended up starting over from the beginning and reviewing all the data inserted in the forms. 
The error was simply some information that was not saved (empty field) in the very beginning of the EasyStep Interview. 

If anyone is experiencing this problem, please start from the beginning and review all the data in your profile, 

Name/Address/DOB/SIN ... etc. One digit or one letter discrepancy with the information saved in your file from the CRA or Revenu Québec will cause this kind of error message. 

I checked and all my information is correct but I keep getting the same response. Now what do I do????

Sorry to hear you have this problem. We have included below, for your information, our TurboTax FAQ about NETFILE. Please review the list of errors and ineligibility list included in the links to see if any of the situations apply.

Why do I get an error when I try to submit my return through the CRA’s NETFILE service?

Why am I not eligible to file my tax return using NETFILE?

If the issue was not solved, we believe one of our telephone support agents would be able to help you further as they can view your screen, if necessary, to guide you. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page.

Thank you for your patience.

jkenny20

When will the issue be resolved. Can't netfile because spouse has T4RIF box 20 in her return.

The whole point of turbo tax was the advantage of netfiling. Do you have an ETA on when this will be fixed 

This seems to be the error they give if you got your access code wrong.  Double check your access code and try again. 

Craftsmen

So, this was unbelievably frustrating.. no error codes other than the vague 'unable to accept NETFILE tax return".  After a ton of wasted time (THANK YOU FOR THAT, TURBOTAX!!), I found success by removing the access code.  The NETFILE finally processed. 

Hope that helps someone else out there.