Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamstein

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

which access code are you removing? I'm having the same issue.

Craftsmen

We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return.

Your personal access code - it's on the 2nd last page before you submit via NETFILE - I deleted mine (left blank) and continued. 

@Craftsmen thank you so much! After beating my head against a wall for 2hrs combing through every line this is all I had to do, remove the access code.

Yes, removing the access code is what also worked finally for me.   Thanks.

salsaa75

well that did it removed the access code after fighting for over an hour and it worked.

Ajglitch

Make sure the access code you use has 8 characters. Did this for my daughter and did not notice only 7characters until after 3 hours of research and attempts to file.

I have used TurboTax/Netfile for years, filing a joint return for me and my wife, with never a problem. When filing for 2020 and 2021, I was able to Netfile my wife's return but mine was rejected and I had to file a paper return. I am not ineligible under any of CRA's definitions and I have been over my return umpteen times. All of the unchanged data is loaded from the previous year's return, and there is no indication from TurboTax what the problem might be. The notion that this might be a random problem is not encouraging. Should I try TurboTax again for 2022?

Thank you for your feedback, if you have any issues filing your return, your best option is to contact our telephone support team as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

it seems that this same message is happening again for 2022 returns

@wrenlakedad Please check that your NETFILE access code is correct and has 8 characters. If the access code looks OK, then try filing without your access code. It's not mandatory.