Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is code error 53?

5 Replies

what is code error 53?

Can you please provide more information about your problem? What is the exact error message that you are getting? Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

what is code error 53?

I am using TurboTax online to submit my return using NETFILE. I added my access code and have gone over the information on my return several times. I keep getting the message "We're sorry, the Canada Revenue Agency was unable to accept your NETFILE tax return. CRA Result Code: 53". I really don't want to file my return through mail, how do I fix this?

what is code error 53?

The NETFILE service is actually closed right now, so it’s odd that you are getting back any kind of error other than something telling you that NETFILE is not available. The service will resume on Monday, February 20, 2023. You can file your return at that time.

If you are still not able to file your return then, make sure that your address is correct. You may also what to try removing the NETFILE access code.

what is code error 53?

If you cannot login to CRA online, then the Netfile will not work I suspect. I needed to update my mailing address on my CRA account, but cannot login without details from my 2021 & 2022 tax filing, yet they are incomplete. I was locked out trying to bypass that area. Netfile must sync with CRA login credentials. 

what is code error 53?

You are absolutely correct. Some Canada Revenue Agency systems are undergoing annual maintenance. 

Thank you for your patience.