Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabby53

What is the Date of the last TurboTax software Update? before I submit my Return for 2023 ?

No Details.
5 Replies

What is the Date of the last TurboTax software Update? before I submit my Return for 2023 ?

We don't have specific dates for the updates. Yes, the product development team do have a regular update schedule, but they may release updates early, if needed. Sometimes updates are late, and on rare occasions there are unplanned updates. 

But, at this point in time, the forms are all certified, and outside of a few Quebec forms, there are no major issues. So, if you are expecting a refund, and have no other reason to wait, then you can file now. 

jff1630

When I open the software it indicates an update is available.  When I accept the update it is a long time before anything happens, then the screen shows the update in progress for only a few seconds and then everything disappears and the software does not open, so I can't to anything.

@jff1630 If TurboTax CD/Download is not updating itself, you can download the installer from our website and use that to update your software. You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). 

jff1630

The previous response doesn't really help as I have lost all of the documentation in relation to the 2023 version that I purchased previously.  I also don't see on your website the "installer" identification to re-install the software I have already purchased.  What I would like, if possible, is to be able to confirm the software that I have and re-install it.

There was an update done last week. From the page above you would click on the 2023 Download Standard which is the one you previously purchased. Before downloading this one, you will need to uninstall the previous downloads. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.