Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When it says " tax refund " and its green in colour , does that mean i owe this money or is it a refund?

it is green and it says tax refund at the top but when i look at the detail it says your total due. not sure if i owe this amount or if it is actually a refund.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When it says " tax refund " and its green in colour , does that mean i owe this money or is it a refund?

Yes, we're aware that the text on the summary is off. You can trust the caption beside the number on the tab up top.

If it says 'Your Refund', you're getting a refund. If it says 'Balance due', you owe.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes, we're aware that the text on the summary is off. You can trust the caption beside the number on the tab up top.

If it says 'Your Refund', you're getting a refund. If it says 'Balance due', you owe.

12igor3

I have exactly the same question

@12igor3