Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using Netfile I received a message that there is a Script error. I didn't proceed any further?

Having the same script problems when trying to send my fed return with Netfile i decided to uninstalled and reinstalled turbo tax 2023 standard from an online download. I had also cleared all cache and cookies on browsers, disabled my virus apps and window defender. Called tech support at TurboTax to be sent to community for answers. If you want to speak to someone you must open your Turbo tax and ask for help online as they provide a different phone number [phone number removed] and a support CASE id number you can use. 

Now the tech support was pleasant however after explaining and (giving permission to access my PC) he could see the 5 script errors that were showing up! Unfortunately, he couldn't provide any solutions and told me that it was probably CRA's Net file's problem or i should hire a tax expert at TurboTax to resolve this issue.

So, i called CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) and explained my problem once again. They explained that it was probably TurboTax's problem and suggested to try a different tax software.

Note: if you try to send your return too many times with script errors your CRA account will be locked and you will be forced to spend a lot of time waiting for someone to answer the phone and unlock your account.

Hope they will address this problem soon and provide us with a solution.

Good Luck

When using Netfile I received a message that there is a Script error. I didn't proceed any further?

Same here.

@Elise84 Please try clicking Yes a few times until the Netfile Terms page loads.

Hi Susan,

Your previous suggestion to Clicking Yes a few times until the Netfile Terms page loads is not a good solution. There is a definite flaw in the software. I have been using Turbotax for over 10 years and I have never experienced errors like this. 

Can you contact the programmers at Intuit to fix the flaw? Can I reach out to them?

@Racewalkingman They are already aware of the problem and are working to fix it. But if the clicking Yes suggestion works, then  people can NETFILE now instead of waiting until the next update comes out.

I tried clicking yes on the script errors as well to no avail and i'm inclined to believe that it might be a software problem. (tried too many times to" Agree and send" and got locked out of my cra account)

I too have been doing my family's taxes using Turbo Tax for over15 years and haven't experienced any such problems.

Now it's always possible the problem might be at my end PC (windows10/ edge/ google chrome, all up to date) but again it might be TurboTax software or maybe Net file CRA that doesn't recognize the return due to their requirements.

Note: I am using a downloaded Turbo Tax Standard   Version: 00.01.41 Build: 4005068G18 that i purchased in December. all updated

That being said i was able to send my Provincial return to (Net file Quebec) without any problems using my Turbo Tax Standard Version but NOT my Federal return.

I decided to try and use the ONLINE option on the Turbo Tax site to send my Federal return to (Net file CRA) and it went thru just fine. 

Hope they find a solution soon as i have many more returns to file.

I tried the uninstall and reinstall three times and it did not correct the problem.  The error box kept reappearing. It is happening both with download and CD.

Yes, I tried that already. Same with clicking x. Never had this issue before and have been using this software for several years. 

Kundos

I've encountered the same error, just on terms & conditions page. I'm afraid to proceed. :(

We have had a few customers who reported that when they tried again today, that everything went through. Please try again. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.