Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using Netfile I received a message that there is a Script error. I didn't proceed any further?

Netfile isn't working properly. I received a message that there is a Script error when i tried to file a 2023 tax return.
24 Replies

When using Netfile I received a message that there is a Script error. I didn't proceed any further?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Hi TurboTax Susan,

I'm using TurboTax online

Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.

Hi Racewalkingman,  Just wondering if you ever found a solution as i seem to have the same problem: getting script errors when trying to send my federal info thru netfile

Receiving script error when trying to file with Netfile, script error indicates issue with terms and conditions for Netfiling.   I have the CD 2023 version of Turbo Tax and it is up to date.  I did not proceed any further.  When will this issue be corrected.

Thank you

If you are using TurboTax Online, please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, please try reinstalling the software using the download from our website. You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). 

How would re-installing fix the error.  I am sure I won’t be the only person with a wonky CD install of Turbo tax 2023.  What happens to the joint returns/returns if we attempt to re-install from website.  Why can’t turbotax fix this in an update?  

Thanks

@Mightymorty 

Reinstalling might repair any files that weren't installed properly or that have become corrupt.

Your returns would not be deleted if you reinstall or uninstall the software. 

error.jpg