Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I locate the T777 form in the application and how can I accurately carry forward expenses from the previous year?

5 Replies

Where do I locate the T777 form in the application and how can I accurately carry forward expenses from the previous year?

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

To get to the T777 in TurboTax Online, use the “Find” tool🔍 to search for “emp”. Select “Employment Expenses” and then click the “Go” button.

At the bottom of the Work-Space-In-The-Home Expenses there is a space to enter any amounts that you have carried forward from last year.

I have done that however, I am not sure that it was capturing the proper amounts that I see in the CRA Caclulator. Should I just reference the amounts in the summary from CRA against the final forms? Also, carrying forward previous years is only represented as a lump sum of all amounts. Do thosethen get calculated based on sizing I have put in for this year?

You would be able to find amounts that are carried forward on your 2022 tax return. The PDF version will show the T777 form, which has your carry forward amount on Line 55.

The carry forward amount was calculated using your previous year's work space information, so your current year work space info doesn't change it.