Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While filing tax with turbo tax in 2021 with an expert my immigration date was not entered. So now die to which I have wrong TFSA limit how can I update it?

7 Replies

While filing tax with turbo tax in 2021 with an expert my immigration date was not entered. So now die to which I have wrong TFSA limit how can I update it?

To make this change, you'll need to send an adjustment request by mail. To do this, send the following to your tax centre:

• a completed Form T1-ADJ, T1 Adjustment Request
  • all supporting documents for the change, including those for the original assessment, unless you have already sent them to the CRA

Thank you for the reply, Can Turbo Tax do it on my behalf I was filing this with an expert and they forgot to put my immigration date.  

If you used Full Service or had Audit Defence, then they can help you do this. If you only had Assist & Review, you will have to do this yourself.  

Thank you so much. I have gone through T1-Adjustment. It says about electronically is fastest. So is there a way I can send all information online instead of mail out? And can you provide me with list please for documents as well.

You can't make a change like adding an immigration date online. It has to be mailed in.

I talked with CRA regarding CCR and they said my spouse immigration date is not correct. How to correct that date? what should we mention in T1 adjustment form about this request? what kind of proof we can send with T1 form

You will need to speak with someone at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) about this. Please contact them by calling 1-800-959-8281 and they can help you make the change required over the telephone as they can do a Change My Return for you.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.